Everyone is asking, “What is there to do at the TradeWinds?” “Can we stay at the resort and not spend a lot of extra money?” We are excited to tell you that the resort offers lots of fun for free! If you are staying at the TradeWinds, you will receive wristbands for your family at check-in. They are included in the cost of your hotel room. If you choose to commute, you may purchase wristbands at a cost of $30 per person (which will cover you for the length of the conference).
So here is the list of fun that is FREE with your wristband….
BY THE POOLS…..
1. Swim in a pool; there are 5 to choose from! One is in the shade, 1 is a kiddy splash pool, and one adult-only pool.
*The hotel sells noodles, clear inner tubes,kick boards, beach balls, etc. They allow these items in the pool, so bring your own if you want to save money.
2. Have fun in a pool! The hotel offers several activities a day such as dance contests, belly flop contests, volleyball, cardboard boat racing, popsicle boat racing, movies at night, and so much more. Tune in closer to the conference to see what the hotel staff has in store for you!
3. Relax in a hot tub. And if you’re 18 or older, you can also check out the sauna.
ON THE BEACH….
4. Pick up some speed going down the inflatable slide on the beach. You’ll get wet, too!
5. Go for a swim, build a sand castle, collect shells, take a walk. The choice is yours when the water is so close to the pool areas!
6. Play some games. The resort has ladder ball, bocce ball and corn hole games set up on the beach!
7. Relax in a beach chair cabana reserved just for you. Each has 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella.
8. Sneak away for some private time and relax in a hammock.
9. Play a game of tether ball. It’s fun for the whole family!
10. Play a game of volleyball on the soft, white sand.
ON THE GROUNDS….
10. Take a leisurely cruise through the hotel grounds on a paddle boat. You can feed the ducks and geese along the way.
11. Play some mini golf. They have 9 holes of mini-fun!
12. Play a game of chess with the TradeWinds’ outdoor large-scale chess game.
13. Challenge your friend to a game of ping pong.
14. Play a game of tennis. Bring your rackets or borrow some from the hotel. (There is a charge for balls)
15. Listen to live music at the tiki bar. Adults can go to the Sharktooth Tavern and on certain nights can enjoy Karaoke and live music.
16. Take advantage of the free activities at KONK (Kids Only, No Kidding) center. Kids can draw, paint, play board games, play video games and find fun critters in the reef tank. Check out the schedule close to conference time for other fun free activities.
*Note – there are other activities at KONK that do require additional fees.
17. Feed Koi fish and frogs in the pond.
18. Get a work-out at the resort fitness center.
AT GUY HARVEY OUTPOST (just a 5 minute walk down the beach)
19. Test your balancing skills on the new “Triple Wipe Out” surfing experience!
20. Check out the new 33,500 gallon aquarium featured on Animal Planet’s “Tanked.”
21. Enjoy their pools, hammocks, adirondack chairs, tiki bar, etc.
And if this isn’t enough, TradeWinds offers many other activities for additional costs….
1. Fly high on a Trampoline! You’ll be harnessed in so you can feel safe as you jump and flip. Un in the Sun’s negotiated rate is $4!! (Regular price is $8).
2. Grab a buddy and ride the Gyrosphere. Great for those who love to spin and go upside-down. Un in the Sun’s negotiated rate is $4 per person!! (Regular price is $8).
3. Experience the “Splash Island Water Park.” It’s like an obstacle course on the water. Un in the Sun’s rate is $10 for a 1 hour session. (Normal rate is $16)
4. Tie Dye a shirt for $12. You get the fun of dying without the tedious part of rinsing! Un in the Sun’s rate is $12 (normally $22)
5. Build A Buddy stuffed animal. Our special rate is $10. (normal price is $25)
6. Get spiffy with hair braiding, henna tattoos, face painting etc. It’s all located conveniently near the pools.
7. Ride “Bucky” the Shark at Guy Harvey Outpost. $4
8. Choose from a myriad of water activities including kayaking, parasailing, JetLev flights, Wave Jet Surf School, stand-up paddle boards, floating cabanas, wave runners, Shelling and dolphin watch cruise, and banana boat rides!